Monday, December 3, 2007

What do people do on the internet?

So the question I started out with is what do people do on the internet?
Probably the best place to start answering that question is by looking at the top sites on the web. And I couldn't think of a better way to do so than by looking at the Alexa ranks.

Love Alexa or hate alexa but it's still one of the fastest/cheapest ways to gauge the popularity of any site. It's reasonably accurate for the top 1000 sites (some say it's pretty good for top 10000 sites).

So anyway, some of my subsequent posts will be about my analysis of the top 1000 alexa sites. I have been curious about the sites that people go to, what's common amongst them, what's unique about them and the geographic scope that they have. The following analyses try to answer all these questions. Hope you find it useful in whatver you are doing in the bad wide world of Web 2.0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does this means in general ?